A General Labourer is responsible for conducting different tasks to support workers in construction sites, warehouses, and factories. These workers assist crew members by delivering all the equipment and materials crucial for completing projects on time.
A reliable general labourer is hard to find, but there are many opportunities for these workers in Richmond.
General Labourer Richmond Job Summary:
Businesses are growing, and the need for general labourers is also increasing. Anyone who enjoys productive and challenging work should join as a general labourer.
General labourers are also safety champions as they support different projects and facilities. They ensure the location is tidy and clean before work begins.
Responsibilities of a General Labourer in Richmond
- They need to be aware of all the safety requirements
- Should participate in all safety-related meetings to gain awareness
- Tidying, sweeping, digging, spotting trucks, and soil sampling are some tasks they need to perform.
- They should be able to service and operate small equipment.
- Cleaning, fueling, and lubricating equipment.
- General housekeeping
- Ensuring that all markings are in place and fences are safe.
- Notifying the supervisor if there are any unsafe spaces at the location.
- Assisting carpenters, welders, and painters on-site.
The supervisor assigns other duties, so they must notify once all the tasks are complete. Notify the supervisor that your work is done, and they will assign additional manual labour tasks.
Qualifications Needed for General Labourers
- A Class 5 driver’s licence is required.
- Must understand small tools and power tools.
- Understands health and safety standards.
- Ability to perform lifting, moving containers, shovelling, and other physical tasks.
- Should be able to work under difficult weather conditions.
- Flexible in doing different tasks.
- Perform all tasks promptly.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
General Labourer Richmond jobs are in plenty. Moreover, most companies offer equal opportunities to workers. Sex, gender, marital status, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, and age does not matter.
General labourers are needed in every industry. Thus, workers should grab the opportunity and apply for a job as general labourers.
Industries may also need a strong workforce. General labour is important for carrying out various tasks, so hiring reliable people is crucial.